The Best of Both Lighting Technologies In One Ultimate Lighting Fixture
- Stylish Corrosion Resistant Aluminum Body
- Tough High Gloss Twin Layer Powder Coat Finish
- 0-100% Dimmable T-5 lamps Controllable via Bluetooth
- 0-100% Fully Controllable Multi-channel LED Boards via Bluetooth
- Cloud and Storm Simulation / Real Time Lunar Simulation etc.
- Multi-point Daytime Plot System via Class Leading FUTURA Software
- Integrated Heat-sink + Active Cooling Low Noise Variable Speed Fans.
- Developed and made in Germany
Giesemann’s brand new AURORA-HYBRID LED/T5 is the ultimate aquatic lighting fixture.
"It combines control, flexibility, energy efficient high spec optic-free LED lighting plus the overlapping wide spectral range and even distribution capabilities of T5s."
No more hot-spots or shaded coral branches. This fixture greatly reduced risk of localized bleaching under high intensity focal points. Corals under the AURORA are literally bathed in light from a wide range of overlapping angles and multiple light sources to promote optimum health and color across the entire colony.
The AURORA-HYBRID is equipped with an Active Cooling System that works to maintain both the lamps and LED’s at optimal working temperatures and ensure long term stability with improved lifespan.
Unrivaled 24-hour Controllable Lighting
The AURORA-HYBRID uses the class leading Futura Control Software to produce realistic sunrise-sunset effects, fully programmable day cycle light scenarios, cloud transitions, and real-time moonlight simulations while being easy to manipulate from a simple yet incredibly-flexible group of programing features.
Limitless Color and Intensity Control
Each 75watt LED group features three independently-programmable LED channels with up to 1440 available set points per 24 hour phase. Each channel is capable of 0-100% dimming.
LED color channels include:
- Full Spectrum White
- Royal Blue
- Violet- TRU-UV sub 400nm
- All LED’s are zero-loss 120deg Optic-Free 5w CREE X-Series controlled by high performance linear drivers.
High Output T5
Each T5 bulb features a CAD designed Individual Parabolic Reflectors made from high gloss aluminum alloy with a 99% reflective capacity delivering increased light transference up to 150% that of standard square type non glossy reflectors used in many alternate brands.
Each pair of T5 lamps is independently controllable via built in electronic HF ballasts with a dimming capacity from 1-100 % and fully integrated into the Bluetooth control system. Light from the T5 banks crosses over and blends with the LED boards to deliver a seamlessly mixed light field from a wide range of angles.
Balancing T5 Power and Running Costs Against Light Output from the LED Array
"Ongoing running costs in respect to replacements lamps
for the user were also an important factor."
A 4-lamp T5 platform backed by the high output LED boards was chosen to offer the best balance between light availability and long term running costs. The AURORA-HYBRID also features a higher ratio of LEDs to T5s compared to other competing fixtures that use a higher ratio of T5s to LEDs with a much higher replacement and annual running cost.
The sleek and sophisticated fixture is highly durable and made from salt water resistant anodized aluminum with stylish powder coating in 3 different colors. All components, except for the LED power supply, are enclosed inside the fixture housing.
Intuitive control software for your MAC, Windows PC or any Android device makes adjusting your AURORA-HYBRID comfortable and simple. It comes equipped with Bluetooth technology, thereby avoiding the need for problematic online web servers or Wi-Fi connections and router set-ups.
Plug & Play
With the integrated controller, there is NOTHING more to buy.
All components are manufactured and assembled completely in Germany by Giesemann Aquaristik.
Quiet & Cool Operation
Runs perfectly cool and produces virtually no noise.
Incredible Value for Money
The AURORA-HYBRID offers a perfect high-quality German-manufactured lighting solution at an incredible price compared to other aquarium fixtures. Giesseman never compromises on reliability or technical detail when making the AURORA-HYBRID the most cost effective LED/T5 hybrid system available.
MODEL LENGTH T5 LED CONTROL PRICE 24" Aurora-Hybrid 600mm/24" 4 x 24 watt (dim) 1 Board (max 85 watts) Bluetooth, 5 channels $1349.99 36" Aurora-Hybrid 900mm/35" 4 x 39 watt (dim) 2 Boards (max 150 watts) Bluetooth, 5 channels $1749.99 48" Aurora-Hybrid 1200mm/48" 4 x 54 watt (dim) 3 Boards (max 220 watts) Bluetooth, 5 channels $2199.99 60" Aurora-Hybrid 1500mm/59" 4 x 80 watt (dim) 4 Boards (max 300 watts) Bluetooth, 5 channels $2699.99
Mounting options: Adjustable suspension kit included. Tank mount sold separately.
COLOR OPTIONS: TITANIUM SILVER - DIAMOND BLACK - POLAR WHITE
Our recommendation for a "standard" configuration for the AURORA T-5 colors would be the following:
2 x actinic-blue; 1 x aquablue-coral; 1 x super-purple
- MORE DETAILS
Note: Giesemann 60” and 72” come with 80w T5 lamps and will be provided with a step up/down transformer.
My T-5 Lamp(s) will not start or dim properly, is this an issue with the dimmable fixture or the bulb?
There are some options that could cause the bulbs in a dimmable fixture not to start or dim:
- Not respecting the "burn in" time. A T-5 bulb in a dimmable fixture needs to be burned in. Reason is that the bulb(s) need the full energy of the ballast for a few hours to be prepared to work as well with low dimming intensity. This is why all Giesemann dimmable fixtures have an additional notice, informing people to respect the burn in time for the first 40 hours running. This is a requirement for all T-5 bulbs and has nothing to do if customer is using a Giesemann or other brand T-5 bulb. If a T-5 bulb is not "burned in" properly it might not start at the lower power stage and causes general problems by dimming these bulbs. Even ATI points this out in their instructions.
- Bad batch of lamps - Each Giesemann ballast is controlling two T-5 bulbs. Even if one bulb is not working properly (or damaged) the ballast will shut off the complete circuit (both lamps).
- Bulb not inserted correct - bulbs needs to be put into the lamp holder and turned by 90°. It is rather common to forget to twist the bulbs and as a result there is no electrical contact to ignite the bulb.
- Programming issue - Check if the bulbs are working in the manual dimming mode, by sliding the controller for each T-5 channel
- Using very cheap T-5 bulbs- many lower quality bulbs may not be capable of dimming: Usually higher quality bulbs are dimmable, but we can not attest for other companies bulbs and why we suggest the use of Giesemann lamps.