- Solid Constructed Hybrid (half cone) Skimmer Body for Greater Foamate Stabilization
- Over Sized 12" Collection Cup with Drain
- Recirculating Design
- Bubble Dispersant Plate
- Precision Control Output Valve
- 6 Controllable Speed Settings with Integrated Memory
- Body Drain
- High Air Intake
- Efficient & Quiet
- Slow Startup
DIABLO 250EXT RETROFITTED WITH AN NEW VARIOS CONTROLLABLE PUMP
This open box Diablo 250 external recirculating protein has been retrofitted with a NEW VarioS 6S skimmer pump by Reef Octopus and is a CoralVue Outlet item. This skimmer was never used but is sold as is, come with a 30 day warranty on the body and 1 year coverage on the RODC pump from the day of purchase. No returns.
This skimmer offers advanced performance control and maximum filtration for aquariums up to a 500 gallons. All the latest skimmer design innovations can be found on this Diablo model including:
- Bubble Diffusing Chamber and Hybrid Cone Body that naturally reduces and stabilizes the foam production; This means less turbulence in the neck area and more contact time for organics to rise and collect
- Oversized Air Silencer for quiet operation and airline mount
- Large Collection Cup with flow directional guide, drain and unit venting
- Precision Control with the easy to turn output flow valve
This Diablo Skimmer skimmer has been retrofitted with a new generation Reef Octopus controllable Direct Current VarioS-6S pinwheel recirculating skimmer pump which are the latest in variable speed flow technology and allows for refined control, enhanced performance and efficiency. The vast majority of skimmer pumps available to hobbyist are alternating current "AC" pumps (the type of power that comes out of your wall outlet). Direct current pumps have several key advantages over traditional AC pumps. Most notably, you can control the rotational speed of the motor, thus electronically control air and water flow rates into the skimmer. Now the user can have the skimmer process more or less water just by the push of a button!!!
In addition to allowing the pump to run at 5 different speeds, the new VarioS Controller takes the pump to a new level featuring:
- Optional float switch connection*, which allows you to connect a float switch (included in the box) to the controller. This is an added security feature that allows you to shut off the skimmer pump when your waste collector is full or shut off your water pump when your sump water has reached a high or low level. In all, you don’t need another module or controller to add a float switch to your system.
- Two different pause/feed modes that will shut off the pump for either 15 or 60 minute intervals. These come handy when you are feeding the tank or conducting regular maintenance such as a water change.
- And the best feature of the VarioS controller is… a 0-10v input which will allow a 3rd party controller such as Neptune System’s APEX or Reef Angel to take over the pump and tell it what to do. In this mode, the new VarioS controller becomes an interface between the system controller and the pump allowing you to create intricate programs using your system controller native language. This is unprecedented controllability on a skimmer or water pump. In essence, you can use your system controller as your DC pump controller!
The VarioS pump features a true slow startup where the pump slowly ramps up from zero RPM to the full preset speed over a period of approximately 10 seconds.
The pump and controller are connected via a waterproof 3-conductor union. The detachable controller will allow for a simple waterproof union. The volute can rotate to change the pump's output orientation in 90 degree intervals, meaning users can output water vertically (up or down) as well as horizontally.
*Float switch not included
- MORE DETAILS
- 700 Gallon – Light Filtration Demand | 600 Gallon – Medium Filtration Demand | 500 Gallon – Heavy Filtration Demand
Body Size: 12″
Footprint: 19.7″ x 18.1″
Neck Size: 7″
Total Height: 28.94″
Output Size: 50mm - Comes with Metric to British Adapter to 1.5”pvc
Output Height: 9.56″
Inlet Size: 1"
Max Feed Rate: 1000GPH
Note: Suggest Feed Rate is 1.5-2 times the system volume
VarioS-6S Skimmer Pump Specs
Output union size: 1.25in female PVC
Inlet size: 1.25in venturi
Dimensions: 5.11in(W) x 5.7in(L) x 4in(H)
Voltage: DC 36V
Max Power Consumption: 70 watts
Max Air Draw: 2000 L/H (70 SCFH)*
Max Flow Rate: 528gph*
*Air and water results will vary depending on aquarium setup