- Turbulence Reducing Wine Glass Body
- Over Sized 9" Collection Cup with Drain
- Bubble Dispersant Plate
- Precision Control Output Valve
- 6 Controllable Speed Settings
- Detachable Controller with Integrated Memory
- High Air Intake
- Efficient & Quiet
- Disassembles for Easy Cleaning & Maintenance
A True Benchmark in Protein Skimmer Performance & Control
The Reef Octopus Professional Open Volute “POV” protein skimmers are the ultimate when it comes to space saver skimmers. The soft start DC pinwheel pump provides both controllable water delivery and air induction to the protein skimmer. This allows users to select from six preset RPMs tune the skimmers performance on push button demand. The pump also features a unique 10 minute feed/service shutoff timer which restarts after 10 minutes. The unique feature of these POV skimmers is the pumps volute is integrated within the body of the skimmer to reduce the amount of space taken up by the skimmer pump.
- Power The DCS 5500 controllable Direct Current “DC” pinwheel skimmer pumps are the latest in variable speed flow technology that allows for refined control, enhanced performance and efficiency. The vast majority of skimmer pumps available to hobbyist are alternating current "AC" pumps (the type of power that comes out of your wall outlet). Direct current pumps have several key advantages over traditional AC pumps. Most notably, you can control the rotational speed of the motor, thus electronically control air and water flow rates into the skimmer.
>>> Performance Control at a Push of a Button!!!
Enhanced Pump Control
This controller allows users to select between six preset speeds indicated by six green LEDs. The controller also features a feed/service button. When pressed, the skimmer pump shuts down and will automatically reactivate after 10 minutes. Press the feed/service button a second time to resume normal operation. Diablo DC pumps feature a true slow startup where the pump slowly ramps up from zero RPM to the full preset speed over a period of approximately 10 seconds.
The pump and controller are connected via a waterproof 3-conductor union. The detachable controller will allow for a simple waterproof union.
- MORE DETAILS
- 400 Gallon – Light Filtration Demand | 300 Gallon – Medium Filtration Demand | 250 Gallon – Heavy Filtration Demand
Body Size: 9″ Conical Body
Footprint: 13.58″ x 11.22″
Total Height: 25.2″
Output Size: 50mm / 1.5”
Output Height: 5.2″
Note: Recommended Sump Water Depth: 7"
Diablo DC 5500s Pinwheel Pump
Power Consumption: 50watts at full speed
Air Draw: 2400 lph / 84.5 SCFH* at full speed
Water Draw: 528gph at full speed
*Air and water results will vary depending on aquarium setup
Warranty - Two(2) year warranty on DC pump, One(1) year on rotor and One(1) year on skimmer body