Color changes from blue to brown as the media is exhausted
- Media for Refillable Cartridge
- Reduce Total Dissolved Solids (TDS)
- Packed in foil-lined Mylar Bags to Preserve Quality
Color Changing Mixed Bed DI Resin Media
Stage 4 - DI Media
DI filter is the last stage of water filtration for the Smart RODI reverse osmosis systems and is necessary to reduce Total Dissolved Solids (TDS) to zero.
Available in: 1.25lbs (1-fill), 1.5gal (6-fill) and bulk 5gal size
- MORE DETAILS
Filling a DI Cartridge is easy. The most important thing to remember is to tightly pack the DI resin into the cartridge. Loose DI will cause the water to channel through the DI, greatly reducing its effectiveness.
How to refill an empty DI Cartridge
- 1.) Unscrew the top cap from the DI cartridge and remove the foam ring.
- 2.) Pour in the DI resin and pack it down tightly by gently tapping the cartridge to help settle the resin. The resin should be tightly packed and flush to the rim.
- 3.) Place the foam ring back inside the top cap and screw back onto the cartridge
- 4.) Install DI-filled cartridge with the colored cap facing up.
Q: The brand new DI resin straight out of the bag already has 40-50% brown in it.. is it already exhausted?
A: The resin is not exhausted. Half of the DI resin beads are always brown and half are blue. The brown always stay brown and the blue resin changes from blue to clear as it is exhausted giving the appearance that the entire cartridge has turned brown.