- Does not affect the pH value
- Steam Activated: No chemical activation or washing with phosphoric acid, zinc or hydroxides
- Does not release phosphate or nitrate
- Ideal grain shape and size to help the water circulation through the carbon mass
- Removes water discoloration, odor and micro polulutants
- Promotes clear water and reduction of nuisance algae
- Includes measure spoon & calibrated nylon-mesh bag
ELOS Carbon 500 specific for the saltwater filtration
Activated carbon is a carbonaceous adsorbent with a high internal porosity, and hence a large internal surface area. Its prime application is purification. It is its vast porous structure that allows it to catch unwanted contaminants from the marine water. Its major treatment objective is the removal of dissolved organics as well as suspended solids and residual oxidants (such as ozone).
ELOS Carbon M is an an extruded activated carbon with a number of unique characteristics that significantly outperforms other high grade commercial carbons on several aspect like total capacity to remove aquarium organic matter, rate of adsorption and duration of use, internal surface area, and accessibility of internal pores. The pore size distribution, highly important for the practical application, have been defined to best fit the matrix (liquid) and treatment (polluted salt water) conditions. A unique pore structure, attained by combining the right raw material and activation conditions and its very high surface area (close to 1500 m2) gives ELOS Carbon M its unique characteristic in term of absorption.